Loft Conversion floor construction methods?

Thanks guys, using a couple of steels to support suspended floor and roof sounds a lot more strait forward, not doing a dormer conversion or anything. Be getting a structural survey done in few weeks so take it from there, thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
I posted a suggestion of a suspended floor for your attic/loft conversion, here's what I was getting at -

View media item 59672
Might be worth talking over with your Arch/Struct Eng!...pinenot

pinenot";p="2733176 said:
I posted a suggestion of a suspended floor for your attic/loft conversion, here's what I was getting at -

View media item 59672
Might be worth talking over with your Arch/Struct Eng!...pinenot[/quote

Thanks pinenot , that looks good, thanks again for the advice

Sponsored Links
The obstacle you will have is whether there's enough room to fit them on the wall plate and the inside pitch of the roof (cutting an angle on the end is not an option)

Pinenot;
it is actually possible to cut the ends of deep joists to match the slope of the roof - the only criterion at the ends of the joists is shear, which is never a problem with domestic floor joists.

The problem with putting the joists directly on to the wall plate is the lintels over the first floor windows, which may not be sufficient to carry the increased load. In that case, the floor joists would need trimming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back