Floor Members bolt size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I'm about to embark on replacing a floor. I will have to use wall members (sometimes called ledgers) and joist hangers.

This question is about bolting the member to the wall. I know to bolt every 600 but i'm not sure what size bolt? If I bonded threaded bar to the brick should I use M10 or M12 bar?
or if the bricks are in good enough nick and I can use compression bolts, again what size should I look at?

the floor is going to hold a kitchen, and it spans 3.6m

cheers

Sponsored Links
10 mm @ 600ctr would be fine in my opinion, staggering them up and down to fix in different brick courses will distribute the load more evenly . If you are in doubt re the existing brickwork, chemi anchor them in (you can rent these) that way fixed for life...pinenot

I used 12mm rawlbolts for mine fixed into concrete blocks, then sonme 4x2 uprights wedged off the oversite.

Sponsored Links
Why do you "have to use ledgers"? Why not cut pockets in the brickwork?

As above, Rawlbolts will do the job, but run a strip of DPC between the wood and the wall.

Do not prop with 4x2 off the oversite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back