Floor prep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have had some building work done so that now I have some wooden floors and some concrete, all butting up to each other.

I want to lay ceramic/stone in some places, in others I want to lay laminate/hardwood floors.

What prep is required in both cases? I read on here that for laying wood I will need to lay boards down on the floorboards and concrete first so that the absorbency is even throughout. that makes sense, what would i use, would it be 4mm weather board ply? How do I fix it to the concrete?

With tiling presumably I'll end up doing the same as otherwise the levels will be all wrong.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
depends for me what's going where - if it's tiles on concrete and laminate on wood then just make sure the finished floor levels will be ok.

if not then probably needs plywood putting down to provide a stable surface for the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back