Floor screed only 30mm deep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. After getting rid of the original builders on our house extension project it has been taken over by another firm. They are ready to screed the floor however it looks like the level which should have been left (65mm or so) is actually only 30mm.

They have said ideally the screed needs to be thicker to minimise the risk of cracking. They have said they can order some screed with fibres added to help it but can't give any guarantees.

Before I go back to them I'm just trying to do a bit of research on the alternatives. I see some people can offer screeds which are more suitable for thinner depths. Can anyone point me in the right direction of this.

Thanks
Greg

Sponsored Links
look into using "grano" instead of the usual aggregate int the concrete mix.

ie small-grained granite down to dust. your builder will (should) know about it.

Demands what you want to spend.

You could use a deep fill smoothing compound like fball stopgap 600

Or a firbe screed like level flex as that's cheaper. But you would need a lot of bags

Sponsored Links
Lafarge do a new screed similar to their agilia concrete. Reads well. Have a look yourself see if it is suitable. Min 40mm I think. Their agilia does what it says on the tin so this should too...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back