Floor Slate Tiles to Lay, Can I Use Wall Grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently paid a tiler to lay an area of 6 x 2 feet with slate floor tiles as I had removed the old kitchen cabinets, and the floor underneath them was bare concrete. Luckily spare slate tiles had been stored underneath the kitchen cabinets, so we used those. He took all day to lay the tiles and charged me 350 pounds.
An area of 2 feet x 2 feet now needs to be tiled on the other side, luckily the tiles won't need to be cut to cover this area.
My question is this: I want to lay these tiles myself - but I can only find ready made WALL grout for sale, is there a floor grout that can be bought ready to use, or can I use wall grout?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A quick google on it revealed that B & Q do a ready mixed floor tile grout in grey and sure there are others that will too. Get a flexible version if possible.
I am off to brush up on my tiling skills if that's what the going rate is now !!!

Thanks, I went into Homebase and Wickes and they only sold the ready made wall grout. That's brilliant, thank you.
Regarding the tiler, I had told him upfront how much I needed tiling, so he knew it was a small job. He literally took all day to lay them. He really spun it out. Then charged the daily amount. Lesson learned for me.

You need tile adhesive to stick tiles down, not grout... although you can get fix and grout which does both jobs, but I've not used it.
Grout is to fill in between the tiles. Personally I think it's better to buy powered: adhesive and separate grout, and mix your own.

Adhesives & Grout

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back