floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have white ceramic riven tiles on the kitchen floor which are hard work to clean, currently using brillo pads, but they pick up dirt again quickily,
Is there any product I can use to seal the tiles after cleaning which will last ? :)

Sponsored Links
We have white ceramic riven tiles on the kitchen floor which are hard work to clean, currently using brillo pads, but they pick up dirt again quickily,
Is there any product I can use to seal the tiles after cleaning which will last ? :)

Not really, they're glazed so are already sealed.

Cheers
Richard

Not really, they're glazed so are already sealed.

Cheers
Richard[/quote]

They are not glazed. They are mat finish

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Glaze can be matt. Ceramic tiles are usually glazed.

Cheers
Richard[/quote]

Ok so you are saying there is nothing on the market for sealing ceramic tiles

Cheers

Ok so you are saying there is nothing on the market for sealing ceramic tiles

Cheers

Sealant is for porous, unglazed materials like terracotta and slate. You can't seal something that is already sealed, and impervious.

Cheers
Richard

Are you sure they're ceramic and not porcelain? You could give Lithofin a call - their tech help is very good and can probably recommend something.

Ok thanks guys for your help. I will contact tech dept and see what they recommend

Cheers

If you Google "lithofinbob" you'll see that one of the techs posts on another forum or phone 01962 732126.

Lithofin make excellent sealers and their techs are very helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back