floorboard nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, im doing some jobs at my sisters tommorow, and was wondering, will normal oval wire nails be ok for fixing old floorboards back down aslong as they are punched below the surface?

thanks, would be great if i could get a reply before the morning
tom

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for the help, i had just thought that it was standard to use nails, but i will use screws

thanks
tom

As a general rule of thumb screws are best if they are to be hidden, but if the floor is uncovered and polished then nails look better.

Sponsored Links
Ask for 2.5 inch losthead nails and then you won't need to punch them in.

If you want to screw your floor - pun intended - use screws. If you want the floor to stay down and not split when expanding/skrinking: use nails

hi, im doing some jobs at my sisters tommorow, and was wondering, will normal oval wire nails be ok for fixing old floorboards back down aslong as they are punched below the surface?

tom

In my opinion 50mm flooring brads look best, and are designed for the job. I agree with whoever said that 50mm screws are quicker and easier if the boards are not to be seen.

Cheers
Richard

tom

In my opinion 50mm flooring brads look best, and are designed for the job. I agree with whoever said that 50mm screws are quicker and easier if the boards are not to be seen.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back