Flooring for wet areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I'm new to this site and sincerely hope this is the best place to post.

I have a lovely but anxious rescue dog who is getting gradually better with his seperation anxiety. Both my partner and I work so we're out of the house for a few hours each day, often leading to 'accidents' when we return.

We instaled a laminate floor thinking that would be more resiliant than the carpet we had. How wrong we were. 6 months later it's buckled and swollen on his 'favourite spot'. Can anyone recommend a flooring that will be able to stand a puddle for a couple of hours a day?

One option could be to replace the affected area and make sure the joints are more secure (it's just a certain cheap Swedish brand). The quality of laying is not brilliant, i'm a rank amateur at all this. Is there some kind of sealant I can put along the joints?

I've looked at vinyl planks, they look promising but if the wee is sitting there for a couple of hours is it still going to seep through the joints. Also tile has been recommended but living in the North East of England means that cold tile just isn't suitable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back