Flooring install in bathroom (UPDATE - Now with pics!!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm after a bit of advice please. I am decorating our small shower room. I have done all the necessary painting, changed radiator, etc. I am about to lay laminate floor but I'm not sure where to start it from. Normally they say start from an edge but i'm not sure where. I only have one clean edge as a starting point but it's by the door. Is it ok to start from this point? I've included some pics to show you the four conrners of the room. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!! One corner is occupied by the shower, another 2 by bathroom vanity cabinets plinth (I know I must lay boarding under these) and the last is the corner by the radiator and door. See pics to get full explanation as I'm probably not really making much sense.

Sponsored Links
I'm after a bit of advice please. I am decorating our small shower room....... I am about to lay laminate floor
My advice is don't lay laminate flooring in what will be a damp and steamy environement (especially if you have kids). It is asking for problems because at the end of the day laminate comprises a thin layer of plastic resin impregnated paper bonded onto an MDF (AKA blotting paper) substrate. I've just seen too many that have failed in a relatively short period. I suggest that you tile the floor if you want durability

Hi JaK,

Thanks very much for your reply. I appreciate your advice but I've already purchased the flooring. I am happy to lay the flooring as the room is not subject to any steam or excessive water (and no kids they use the main one upstairs!!!!). We have lived in the property for 6 years and there was previously laminate flooring laid before with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Come off the sink and toilet side so that way the planks are running straight as you open the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back