Florabest/Lidl 1800W lawnmower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Anyone with any experience of repairing these lawnmowers?

The main on/off switch on the handle has broken off from the plastic trigger inside the control box. I've found a supplier of spares and can get one of those but I've stripped down the rest of the machine to give it a good clean as it's not been used for over 6 or 8 years.

The motor runs fine when I take the drive belt off but I'm not sure about the main pulley which takes the blade. After cleaning I've run it up and the belt gets quite hot, but the bearing and shaft at the top and the shaft which takes the blade underneath appears cool. Do think this is normal friction between the belt and the pulley?

There is an inner and outer section within this pulley which appears to allow some movement between the two halves and it is spring loaded. Not sure how this works. Any ideas?

Richard
P1040072.JPG

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry too much about the belt temperature - more important is to keep the foam around the machine halves clean and grass free so cooling air can circulate - likewise the fan underneath.
Split pulleys are usually called 'variospeeds' and allow the blades to spin quicker than normal......especially if the mower is the 'hover' type.
John :)

The inner and outer parts of the pulley can only move a few cms and it has a small spring between some stops to limit the movement. I wonder whether it was a quick stop for the blade but I can't see how that would work. I'll try putting a blade on and seeing what happens.

Richard

Expanding pulleys use a Vee belt....my bigger screen shows you maybe have a multivee type.
If you can post a pic of the item, we may be able to puzzle it out!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, multivee pulley. Sorry, I've screwed it all back together now ready to give it a try.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back