Flow meters all at zero on Uponor Vario S UFH manifold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The manifold is a 3 loop Uponor Vario S.
I have just installed 3 new flow meters and Pin return valves.
I flushed and filled each loop one at a time, but the flow meters all show the red disc at zero. The water in the glass tubes all sit at around 2.
The return pipes are 1 x warm 2 x coldish.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Are the flowmeters of the correct type, ie, the same as the old ones, depending on whether the top or bottom manifold is the hot one.

You said that the water in the glass tubes all sit at around 2, that looks like air locking?
Can you remove one of the heads and push? the pin down to see if you get a flow with a UFH demand
Is there a mixing manifold pump?, (photo)

Sponsored Links
Today I will flush and refill then get back to you. There is no mixing pump and the manifolds dont have a an air vent. Hot water is supplied by a HeatRea Sadia and is pumped by a water pump. Thanks Johntheo5.

Manifold.jpg
HeatSource.jpg
Pump.jpg

Is there any means of venting the manifolds at the opposite ends to the pipe connections?, maybe worth installing some form of vent if these ends are just plugged.

Its a ABV, a automatic bypass, probably used as a balancing valve, seems to be set to quite high (can you read the index on the side) but won't get rid of any air.

I shut down all loops ( Flow meter and pin valve) apart from number one. Waited for a steady flow of water then shut down that loop and opened the second loop and so on.

Hose pipe in the top from tap - drain from bottom into bucket.
as per this .

Attachments

• uponor-installation-manual-Vario-S-manifold-FM-INT-1087620-201905.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
So no air bleeds at the top of the valves Like on the top of these? Can you take a pic of the manifold a little further out please?

1702993295769.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back