Flow rate of fitting too great for supply flow rate.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm attempting to size a new domestic system, and I'm using this PDF from Copper Plumbing. In it, it states that a 1/2 " washing tap has a recommended flow rate of 0.2 litres per second, so 12 litres per minute. According to my supplier, they guarantee 10m head and a flow rate of 9 litres per minute. Two questions please:

1) How is it my supplier can't even guarantee I can turn on a 1/2 inch washing tap and get the full flow rate?

2) Also, a guarantee of 10m head doesn't appear to be anything at all. Using that PDF, if I had a 22mm pipe with an equivalent length (pipe + fittings) of 30m, I'd only have a permissable head loss of 0.333 (10m / 30m). So using the nice big chart on the second page of the PDF I would at a push manage 0.2 litres per second, leaving no residual head at all!

What am I doing wrong here???

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
You are expecting too much.

Also in the UK we are accustomed to quoting flow rates in li/min!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back