FLU - 2 Weeks On, Still Not Completely Cleared.

Sponsored Links
I've had flu twice in my life and in both occasions I could literally only get out of bed after 2 weeks. Even then, I needed help as I was so weak from not eating and living off water and as much lucozade I could drink.

Hallucuinations were common too - with a body temp of 104. Double vision for best part of a week once I had the strength to get out of bed. The searing headache pain is not something you forget in a long time.

I've not had it for 10 years now and I hope its becuase I have built an immunity to it, but I know my little girl (aged 6) will have it at some point so I'm thinking of going down the vaccine route with her.

My only bug bear is that within 7 days of her MMR jab she was in hospital with meningitus and I cant help but think the jab was responsible for that - but thats another discussion.

Mr. W.
I first had flu about 10-12 years ago myself. I felt so sorry for myself i thought i was going to die (groan). Seriously, the dehydration alone was excruciating. I did not want to be consious at all, as the pain in my body, coupled with the nausea, headaches and shivers were enough to want to be asleep permanently.

Since then i have not been confined to a bed until now.

This latest bout kept me in bed for three days. Admittedly i am not as poorly as the first encounter but you know when something is more serious than just a common cold.

Three weeks on and i have still not fully recovered.

Influenza is frightening and horrible.

Sponsored Links
I've never done drugs, but after a bout of pig flu started snorting...feel really good now :)

i've had the Flu twice in my life, and ffs then you know the difference between the flu and a cold. I felt like i'd been run over by a bus !

Not getting it this year as i've had the flu jab !! so i'm bullet proof !!!

There are several things that don't add up here...

The Government provided extra swine flu precautions earlier in the year, that were not required. But suddenly, they are not available.

And the Media reports 'Gosh! How many more fatalities of flu can we cope with, with the lack of swine flu vaccine', err...we have had the coldest winter for many years, but statitically, LESS flu deaths, than any other year ever? Swine, or Bird flu induced.

So once again, the media on a bandwagon, the Government being an arse, it's a non-starter. It's propaganda.

OH WE HAVE HAD SO MANY DEATHS!!! - yes but less than normal, even in the coldest Winter known to man.(or since proper readings were taken after 1950?)

2010 Is the WARMEST year known to man. The Earth balances that with a cold winter. Forget this global warming, it's Earth's way of sorting itself out.

i've had the Flu twice in my life, and ffs then you know the difference between the flu and a cold. I felt like i'd been run over by a bus !

You aren't old enough for a flu jab are you? How did you fiddle that one?

OH WE HAVE HAD SO MANY DEATHS!!! - yes but less than normal, even in the coldest Winter known to man.(or since proper readings were taken after 1950?)

2010 Is the WARMEST year known to man. The Earth balances that with a cold winter. Forget this global warming, it's Earth's way of sorting itself out.

Get a grip Mick. Global warming isn't calculated on the British Winter. It's called GLOBAL warming for a reason. :rolleyes:

Amoxicillin is not used to treat flu, it's used to treat bacterial infections. And those infections are exacerbated by smoking as whitespirit is experiencing.

How many others on amoxicillin are smokers?

You aren't old enough for a flu jab are you? How did you fiddle that one?
It's not just the 'elderly' that receive the jab Joe. I've had to have it due to having had Flu which lead to Pneumonia and further to an Asthma attack last year (I developed 'adult onset' Asthma). So now that I have the lungs of a 70 year old! I'm 'at risk'. Also, you can buy the jab in supermarkets, boots etc.

Sponsored Links
Back