FLU - 2 Weeks On, Still Not Completely Cleared.

Amoxicillin is not used to treat flu, it's used to treat bacterial infections. And those infections are exacerbated by smoking as whitespirit is experiencing.

How many others on amoxicillin are smokers?

I'm not sure all of your comments are accurate.
Both myself and SWMBO have been prescribed Amoxicillin. Neither of us smoke. Not necessarily all bacterial infections are exacerbated by smoking but perhaps viral ones are and I appreciate that this may be what you meant.
I had 500mg and SWMBO had 250mg. (different Doctors).

To anyone who is still coughing, I'd say get along to the quacks for some antibiotics, probably the same. Within 24 hours you'll feel the difference but as others have said, it may take weeks to go completely.

Sponsored Links
If everyone with the flu went to the docs there'd be queues down the road.

Stop being a daft girl and just get on with it. It's people like you that have made resistant strains of bacteria.

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to?"

Sponsored Links
A dose of real flue will weaken your immune response considerably, leaving you open to secondary(mostly bacterial) infections. These can be exacerbated by smoking or other health conditions, in my case asthma. The amoxycilin I was prescribed made a huge difference but I was still in bed for near 3 weeks and not really well for more like 2 months. I also lost over a stone. I was so weak, that I was lying in bed with the TV on and Jeremy bl00dy Kyle came on and I didn't have the strength to reach for the remote :mad:

I was lying in bed with the TV on and Jeremy bl00dy Kyle came on and I didn't have the strength to reach for the remote...

...to turn the sound up, now that IS annoying when you're watching Jezza and you can't quite hear what's being said. :mrgreen:

OH WE HAVE HAD SO MANY DEATHS!!! - yes but less than normal, even in the coldest Winter known to man.(or since proper readings were taken after 1950?)

2010 Is the WARMEST year known to man. The Earth balances that with a cold winter. Forget this global warming, it's Earth's way of sorting itself out.

Get a grip Mick. Global warming isn't calculated on the British Winter. It's called GLOBAL warming for a reason. :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't bother to read or understand my post '90, once again; the year 2010 is termed by scientists/meteorologists, as the warmest ever recorded, via viable data, and not by rudimentary evidence, to stop pedantics, hence my saying, the Earth balances itself out by having the coldest winters in recorded history. Not just cold in the Uk, but floods in Australia, storms in America etc etc. So you get a grip, and read, before assuming, and misquoting to suit your ends.

If everyone with the flu went to the docs there'd be queues down the road.

Stop being a daft girl and just get on with it. It's people like you that have made resistant strains of bacteria.
There is some truth in what Joe says insofar as you just have to ride a virus out.

However you would be a fool not to get checked out by the doc's in case of other complications.

I coughed all night for quite a few nights but was infection free. It was all the rubbish finding its way onto me chest.

noseall";p="1859442 said:
I coughed all night for quite a few nights but was infection free. It was all the rubbish finding its way onto me chest.

I hope the OP is feeling better now! Surely you'd not want to start smoking again if you've managed two weeks without and your lungs will thank you in later life. Having seen somone hauling around oxy bottles and then die a few years later its not that nice.

OH WE HAVE HAD SO MANY DEATHS!!! - yes but less than normal, even in the coldest Winter known to man.(or since proper readings were taken after 1950?)

2010 Is the WARMEST year known to man. The Earth balances that with a cold winter. Forget this global warming, it's Earth's way of sorting itself out.

Get a grip Mick. Global warming isn't calculated on the British Winter. It's called GLOBAL warming for a reason. :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't bother to read or understand my post '90, once again; the year 2010 is termed by scientists/meteorologists, as the warmest ever recorded, via viable data, and not by rudimentary evidence, to stop pedantics, hence my saying, the Earth balances itself out by having the coldest winters in recorded history. Not just cold in the Uk, but floods in Australia, storms in America etc etc. So you get a grip, and read, before assuming, and misquoting to suit your ends.

It's not winter in Oz you daft berk - it's summer.

htgeng";p="1859670 said:

I hope the OP is feeling better now! Surely you'd not want to start smoking again if you've managed two weeks without and your lungs will thank you in later life. Having seen somone hauling around oxy bottles and then die a few years later its not that nice.

Thanks Hteng.

I am only a very light smoker, a pack lasts me over 2 weeks. Will see how it goes with quitting.

Sponsored Links
Back