flu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya ive just noticed this morning when i were running the hot water tap in the kitchen, that there was steam coming from the flu of our boiler when i turned tap off it stopp ed any ideas as to what causing it its a glowworm compact 80 combi

Sponsored Links
I've noticed that as well.

In addition, I am worried about what I can only describe as a 'flame' inside the boiler when it switches on.

Should I be concerned?

are u taking the mickey? its only its never done it before

Cold day and the flue produced water vapour

being a combi it fires up when you turn a hot tap on

nowt to worry about

Sponsored Links
thankyou corgiman i were just a bit worried because it doesnt do it when the heating is on only when running hot tap

mmm it should do

maybe the heating is not coming on full blast

might be an idea to have it service by a CORGI just to make sure its working within accepted parameters, still dont think its owt to worry about thou

i had it serviced a few weeks ago and ive rung bg up they coming in morning to have a look

The boiler might be range rated, I'm not a glowworm man. Quite likely the burner never goes on full for central heating, but for hot water it does, so there is a difference in the amount of products of combustion.

had a full check on system and flu about 2 weeks ago because i joined that bg homecare but its first time i seen it do that irang bg up this morn they coming out tom and they said could be cold weather

When talking about a boiler its a "flue".

When you are coughing and have a temperature then its "flu".

""and flu about 2 weeks ago because I joined that bg homecare"". They are meant to fix your boiler and not to give you flu !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back