flue/boiler advice

No below the top level

Agile is of course right you can leave access panels but a flue must be inspectable along its entire length not just sections
That'll mean it will be close to neighbours windows which are about 1m down from roof level so guess back to square one. Think this is going to be a very expensive nightmare.
Is it not allowed to go higher than 1 metre below roof level? This seems abit mad. If was able to go 1m above then fumes and suchlike wouldn't be near anyone.

Sponsored Links
No that is the most below the top it can go, but it can go above roof level which is better.
but its going to be dear and very limited choice
Might you be able to help me with my choice as still would like to try to do it this way to save having to destroy my flat to move the boiler site and apply for planning permission for flue etc. Think all options will be equally as pricey as they all have issues. Thanks for your help so far.

One way of doing it is to use a plume management kit . baxi allow up to about 13 metres on there 24kw combis other manufacturers must be similar , Drops to around 8metres on 28kw models
One of your biggest problems will be how is fitter going to gain access to the well to actually work, fitting and clipping flue etc

Sponsored Links
One way of doing it is to use a plume management kit . baxi allow up to about 13 metres on there 24kw combis other manufacturers must be similar , Drops to around 8metres on 28kw models
One of your biggest problems will be how is fitter going to gain access to the well to actually work, fitting and clipping flue etc
Thanks for that. What kind of price might this boiler and flue and plume kit be? Think scaffolding not an option as space to small to put in and put up (via my kitchen window) and too costly. So maybe a combination of a tall ladder and access via neighbour's windows above or perhaps absailers?

Boiler around £700 flue kit to take through wall around 80 , each 1 metre plastic plume extension around £17 . clips prob couple of quid each
One absailer..... priceless

Boiler around £700 flue kit to take through wall around 80 , each 1 metre plastic plume extension around £17 . clips prob couple of quid each
One absailer..... priceless
Are you an absailing boiler fitter in London by any chance?

Whilst you can build scaffolding up in almost any space I dont see how you are going to even get a ladder into the well!

I have a scaffold tower with 1.2m square sections.

Tony

Long time since i absailed, now that is fun but unfortunately too far away to help ya

Whilst you can build scaffolding up in almost any space I dont see how you are going to even get a ladder into the well!

I have a scaffold tower with 1.2m square sections.

Tony
Hopefully through the window or maybe on a rope from top of building - will have to see. Think scaffold might be too big and heavy as lightwell begins on first floor level and will have to sit on roof of property below and at first floor level the ground space isn't very big as has aircon duct of property below starting there. Thanks anyway.

where are you located? maybe someone on here can come and give you a quote, cos personally I'm having trouble visualising the problem.

where are you located? maybe someone on here can come and give you a quote, cos personally I'm having trouble visualising the problem.
I'm in Soho, Central London so I'm also going to be given grief about parking etc. Might have a recommendation from a friend of someone who actually lives locally which might be easier but would consider any other offers/recommendations.

I'm in Soho, Central London so I'm also going to be given grief about parking etc. Might have a recommendation from a friend of someone who actually lives locally which might be easier but would consider any other offers/recommendations.
See what I mean about parking in Soho.....no offers. Guess could however be because of bank holiday weekend, think will join them so thankyou everyone for all your help and advice so far.

You would expect that at least on Sundays when meters dont work you would be able to park?

But oh no, only RESIDENTS can park at meters or on single yellow lines on a Sunday. So its impossible for anyone who is not a resident to park anywhere in the area on any day except if you were to fine a free meter during the week which is unlikely. Thats after paying the congestion charge!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back