Flue cage/guard for condensing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an engineer out to my boiler today and he said I need to get a new cage/guard for my flue (it's corroded and falling apart). He mentioned getting a plastic coated one, so I've been looking online. I've come across Toolstation and they sell a stainless steel one as well plastic coated. The former being slightly more expensive. Is there a difference? Do the SS ones last longer?

Sponsored Links
The stainless one - especially if its a quality material such as A4 - should have excellent resistance to the mildly acidic fumes that are produced.
Thats the one I'd go for, personally.
John :)

On most condensing boilers when working correctly do not emit flue gasses above 80 C and really don't create any significant hazard.

Unfortunately, the requirement still exists based on historic needs which have never been updated.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Do you really need to protect it?

If in a public place then probably yes.

If in your garden then most unlikely!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back