Flue exiting onto neighbours land - please help!

Aaaarrrrrrrr she's a fine looking woman ... But I can't wait to get me hands on her land ;)

Sponsored Links
My reply was quite obviously to the original question even for the wurzels down south/west. A Wurzel is fom sumerset us in devon be Devon dumplings

Whats with the Cornish calling ....... Well anyone, but me specifically "Immick" "Emmick" ......... Whatever ....... :unsure:

Asked this very question to corgi on monday and the answer was it is not allowed at all anymore no mattter what agreements you come to with neighbours and with the chance that corgi will pull it out for an inspection now with them deciding what app;iances to inspect and not leaving it to installer. They will pull you for it

Sponsored Links
A couple of things here Namsag ...

1. Corgi don't have any legal standing and cannot overturn a deed of covenant. though they could make H&S noises but this isn't a H&S issue.

2. How on Earth are Corgi going to know?

They are not players in this issue IMO

MW

I am not arguing with you i am just telling you the rules and as corgi are the body that H&S have chosen to over see safety this would over rule any covenant.... How would corgi know . As i said all appliances should be notified now and corgi ARE picking jobs out randomly for inspections instead of the ones cherry picked by installers. Ok low chance of getting picked but still a chance.

Then you have neighbours who when they are told no sorry you cant have your boiler there , they will point this one out...

The trouble with being Corgi registered you can`t just pick the rules and safety issues that we agree with

Trouble is if they pull it , it is going to cost the installer a lot of money to rectify not the customer so why risk it.

namsag said:
Trouble is if they pull it , it is going to cost the installer a lot of money to rectify not the customer so why risk it.

Some ya win theory I would surmise

Could anyone explain clearly and unambiguously what this TBL terrace is please?

A photo by the OP would be ideal!

As far as the flue is concerned I would expect that a plume management kit might well get over the problem.

Tony

Agile said:
Could anyone explain clearly and unambiguously what this TBL terrace is please?

No Back Door :cool:

I should of just posted NBD just to be in keeping with the rest of the thread ;)

Namsag wrote:
I am not arguing with you i am just telling you the rules and as corgi are the body that H&S have chosen to over see safety this would over rule any covenant.
And I will repeat that Corgi have no such powers over homeowners, their deeds and covenants.

I don't doubt that they could give the installer a good caning but they have NO power over the homeowner whatsoever particularly as, in this particular case, LABC have approved the installation.

All the homeowner has to do is to send the installer packing and claim DIY which, with LABC approval, would be legit.

Also, read the post more thoroughly Namsag, there is no H&S issue here ... Nuisance perhaps but this could be overcome by raising the flue to first floor level.

Not a Corgi issue.

MW

Never said it was a H&S issue and it does not matter what floor its on it still has the same rules applying. LABC should be adhering to gas safety regs as corgi do so should not be accepting it no matter what private agreement has been reached... Latest regs regard boundaries are it shall be deemed that house can be built right to edge of existing boundary and any appliance fitted must meet clearences as if it was and also that it doesn`t terminate in a neighbours property

Can I suggest that you re-read from the beginning as you're now quoting completely irrelevant regs.

This is not a boundary issue Namsag it is a TBL terraced situation and I don't believe that the regs cover this situation clearly ... LABC have, therefore, taken the sensible common sense position and Corgi will not and CANNOT overrule this. The only recourse they have is with H&S but, as we seem agreed now, there is no H&S issue here.

There are squillions of similar properties up and down the country with exactly the same configuration and without any problem whatsoever and, if Corgi are stupid enough to pressurise installers in these instances, more and more homeowners will simply do the work themselves legitimately with LABC notification ... Not really what Corgi want I'd suggest ;)

MW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back