Flue exiting onto neighbours land - please help!

namsag said:
Never said it was a H&S issue and it does not matter what floor its on it still has the same rules applying.

Whilst thats true if one were to quantify the nuisance than a discharge at 4 m agl at the bottom of the neighbour's garden is not going to be a very significant problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.... not sure I'm any clearer but at least I know it's a grey area! We can't select our own boiler as the installation is under the warm front grant scheme, and none of the ones they provide are suitable for a through-the-roof flue for a house as tall as ours. So, think we'll have to go down covenant route and keep our fingers crossed.

Lost the plot by the time it came to combine harvesters.....

Thank you!

MrsB x

I am an installer for warm front grant work.

One of the boilers on the list of appliances available is the vaillant ecotec.

From what i have seen in the MI booklet they now offer a 125mm flue diameter with a maximum flue length of 20 odd metres?

Failing that can the boiler position not be moved to somewhere upstairs? You could maybe go out horizontally through the wall then use a VTK (plume management kit) to take the outlet up to guttering level and terminate in the vertical position?

I would be very suprised if there is not another option available.

HTH Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back