Flue lengths and angles

There's no problems with working at heights, ladders can be used if the job is quick

Oh really? Did you read about the church that had to pay over £2,000 to change a light bulb? Jobsworth told the vicar they couldn't use a ladder any more because it was above regulation height, so they had to erect full scaffolding rig with qualified electrician in attendence.

And you wonder why I detest that fat git (well, not you perhaps)

Sponsored Links
Well It was 40 feet up..........I`d be singing "Nearer my God to thee" @ that height off a tiled floor in the Nave :LOL: With a triple extn. ladder. And if it were Catholic I`d ask the Pope first.

PaulAH said:
There's no problems with working at heights, ladders can be used if the job is quick

Oh really? Did you read about the church that had to pay over £2,000 to change a light bulb? Jobsworth told the vicar they couldn't use a ladder any more because it was above regulation height, so they had to erect full scaffolding rig with qualified electrician in attendence.

And you wonder why I detest that fat git (well, not you perhaps)

1) Speak to the HSE. They have a mnemonic "ESCAPES"

E - Eliminate. don't get off the ground if you can find another way
S - Suitable, ladders are ok for short jobs, bigger ones need a platform or scaffolding
C - um...... can't rememper the others :oops:

You can spend the dark evenings here .

They must have had fun writing that. Seems to me the vicar was conned.

Sponsored Links
The story behind the Vicar and the Light Bulb is that ....there isn't really a story at all, just exaggerated out of all proportion y the media hungry for "good stories".

The facts behind the story were investigated by the BBC and it turned out that the use of staging rather than ladders was required to change a heavy light fitting, and the staging was then used to change the light bulbs since it was on site.

The moral of the non-story is...don't believe anything you read in the press (but the BBC's OK).

Bugger, this is what I wrote first, then I read Nige F's post, and edited it 'cos it looked sarkey :/

1) Just because you read about something, does not mean it related to a real occurrence,
2) Even if it did, jobsworth was lying.
3) Speak to the HSE. They have a mnemonic "ESCAPES"

That's a bit of a cheap one.

I'd use silicone to seal it.

Wonder why they've got "catalog suspended" on all the items. (And you use 3 self tapping screws).

Can it stand the heat? Well the liner is spec'd at 250 deg, and the silicone 300 deg. I'll leave it to up to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back