flue (needs to dip) with system condensing boiler

Barrats don't care once they've sold the house you have no chance! :LOL:

Keston boilers have the most flexible flueing options but unfortunately they are extremely unreliable.

Sponsored Links
can the keston have a flue that dips?

also, I can lower the boiler, but the flue passes tho attached casing in the livingroom ceiling - then when it gets to external fabric of building, the flue drips to avoid girder. I live in flat. Already low ceiling. does that make sense?

Residents’ anger set to force sub-let U-turn.22/05/2009 | By Martin Hilditch

Notting Hill considers allowing shared owners to escape troubled development by sub-letting their homes

Notting Hill Housing Association has admitted it could let desperate shared owners sub-let their homes to escape a development in which a young woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

At a packed public meeting last Friday night furious residents of the Bedfont Lakes estate, in Feltham, vented their anger about their living conditions.

It was the first chance they have had to collectively grill representatives from Notting Hill, which part-owns many of the homes, and developer Barratt, which built them.

The estate has been plagued by problems since the death of teacher Elouise Littlewood, 26, in the new build home she co-owned with Notting Hill in February 2008. Her flatmate, Simon Kilby, is still in a coma.

All the homes in the development had been given a full set of gas safety certificates. Many residents lived without gas for months following Ms Littlewood’s death as checks were carried out and repairs made.

But in the autumm, after residents thought the problems with the system were over, 14 boilers were turned off again for safety reasons after a resident reported a further issue.

Some homes are still without gas today - and residents have reported numerous other problems with their properties, such as damp.

At the meeting Barratt and Notting Hill were forced to abandon plans to make a presentation outlining the cause of the problems after barracking from the crowd.

A significant number of residents demanded that Barratt or Notting Hill should buy back their homes.

need i go on?

Sponsored Links
-------------
------------ |
| |--------
|
-----------

the floe passes throu my living room in a void - FLUE needs to avoid a beam when it exits the building, only way to have a rising flue is to lower the void by 1 foot and lose head room.

Why not have a false wall at one side about 150 mm thick to contain the flue.

Then your head room will not be compromised!

Even if the room is a little smaller.

I think that you are going to have to come to terms with fact that the technical requirements over ride your aesthetic expectations.

Is there really nowhere on an outside wall that a boiler can be fitted?

Tony

Your right. I think putting it in bed room is the solution. I guess boiler noise become important now. Which system boiler would you recommend as the quietest or low noise? I have large 2 bed flat with 8 rads, 2 batrooms so I quess 18-20 KW will be the power I am looking for (I am guessing). all recomendations gratefully recived.

thanks, G

the floe passes throu my living room in a void -

Which we already found out is wrong in the first place
FLUE needs to avoid a beam when it exits the building, only way to have a rising flue is to lower the void by 1 foot and lose head room.
Who says it has to be in a void?
Who says the whole ceiling needs to come down to hide the flue?

Flues in voids are now a no no.
If you have no choice but to use the void then inspection hatches will have to be installed so the entire length og the new flue in inspectable. The hatches must not compromise fire and accoustic standards.
Flues in voids were always an incredebly dumb thing to do.
There are thousands of properties with them and they are going to give everone involved a BIG headache!

So how is the flue where it passes through a wall inspectable then?

..So how is the flue where it passes through a wall inspectable then?
The more experienced engineers tend to keep the joints outside the wall, and use the shortest possible way (normally perpendicular) through the wall.
Most walls these days are less than 1 metre thick.

I would not put a joint in a wall, if half avoidable.
Even if you sleeve it, it can't be expected. Bit hypothetical for me, not a lot of 4' stone walled cottages in London. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back