flue (needs to dip) with system condensing boiler

I think putting it in bed room is the solution - i have found a hollow areas near window. I guess boiler noise and size become important now. Which system boiler would you recommend for low noise and not too deep - less than 300mm?

I have large 2 bed flat with 8 rads, 2 bedrooms so I quess 18-20 KW will be the power I am looking for (I am guessing). all recommendations gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
...I have large 2 bed flat with 8 rads, 2 bedrooms so I quess 18-20 KW will be the power I am looking for (I am guessing). all recommendations gratefully received.

First recommendation is to re-calculate your hating need, 20 kW would be far to big.

If its modern and well insulated then 12 kW is likely to be totally adequate.

A Worcester 12 Ri is very quiet on medium/low power and can be installed in a sound proofed box.

But you should be seeking the advice of a registered installer.

Tony

I have found void on the bedroom with will accommodate the boiler - plan to put a door post install. Regarding soundproof, do I simply put soundproof foam in the void (on plaster board and door when its installed) or shoudl I get someone to build an enclosure like a cabinet inside the void.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have to relocate my boiler to my bedroom for a variety of reasons but mainly flue requirements. I have a void to host the boiler - max dept available 300mm. I have been given two choses - Worcester 18ri (270mm deep) or a Valliant 624 system boiler (335mm). the valliant means I have to build a cupboard that overlaps with a window - not pretty. I will have a megaflow in the an airing cupboard. I have very good cost water pressure. I live in a flat and am not sure if there is a cold water tank.

Questions:
1. is there any reason why I should go with the valliant (system) vs the worcester (regular)?
2. What is the difference between Regular and system boiler?
3. I think I need an external pump with the worcester - is that noisy?

many thanks - glondon

Hi, I have to relocate my boiler to my bedroom for a variety of reasons but mainly flue requirements. I have a void to host the boiler - max dept available 300mm.

I have been given two choses - Worcester 18ri (270mm deep) or a Valliant 624 system boiler (335mm).

many thanks - glondon

You dont seem to read what I say!

But most amazingly you dont read what you say yourself!

I told you that a 12Ri would be adequate so you choose an 18Ri.

You say the max depth available is 300 mm so you go for a Vaillant at 335 mm depth?

Since you will not listen to what I say there is not much point in my giving you any advice. But as you will not listen to yourself then.....

There is no advantage in over sizing your boiler! There can be considerable disadvantages!

Tony

18ri was suggested to me becuase I have all glass (metal frame) around the 2 walls of the flat. I even done the calc online which indicated 16kw.

as for the vaillant, I actually agree, it gives me nothing going with the larger boiler.

My apologies, linguistics have never been my strong point.

the root question is - is there any advantage that a system boiler gives me over a heat only that I should consider given my requirements?

:) there is a condensing boiler that uses a twin flue set up & the exhaust pipe can be dipped or off set in the horizontal , providing you incorperate a condensate drain pipe & trap , its the Quantum Heatsaver boiler , I have just refered to there instruction manual . Or am I misunderstanding the question??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back