Boiler Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler where the flue (dual flue) runs across the ceiling (with hatches in the ceiling) to the outside. My neighbour had their replaced but was advised to put the boiler on the outside wall as the flue is required to be changed and it sounded like a large/expensive job.

I wondered what my options were, when I come to replace my boiler as it's getting very old and I have a feeling it won't be too long before it fails. . I don't fancy moving the boiler in my front room so it can be attached to the outside wall.

Should I consider an electric boiler as an alternative ?

Sponsored Links
Should I consider an electric boiler as an alternative ?
Silly money to run with the price of leccy and it usually needs a new hefty 3 phase supply too.

What boiler do you have and why is it a problem to find and outside wall to move a new one too? Nowhere in the kitchen?

Reactions: CBW
It's a flat, so the living room is the nearest room with an outside wall.

The boiler is Ferroli

Ah, ok, so you don't have a rear outside wall and only the front room on the outside wall?

What's to stop you using the duct/ceiling that the current flue is in? How long is the run and how is it enclosed just now, is it part of a lowered ceiling or a boxed section on it's own?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back