Flue too close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one, Have a vertical flue too close to an openable window , What would be put on the warning notice , AR or ID . Thanks

Sponsored Links
"flue too close to window" :D

There is another thread here all about this issue (if you can read past the arguments).

The other posting mostly admits that its NOT too close to the window.

This question needs a judgement!

If the window is not openable then I would sugest its NCS.

If the window opens then if its at least 200 mm away then I would suggest its AR.

If its less than 200 mm then I would suggest that its ID unless the window is screwed closed.

Of course the whole idea of classification of risk is that its not within the individuals scope because that individual may well not have sufficient experience or technical ability to make that judgement accurately!

In any case this question should have been posted in the Combustion Chamber for fairly obvious reasons!

Tony

The other posting mostly admits that its NOT too close to the window.

This question needs a judgement!

If the window is not openable then I would sugest its NCS.

If the window opens then if its at least 200 mm away then I would suggest its AR.

If its less than 200 mm then I would suggest that its ID unless the window is screwed closed.

Of course the whole idea of classification of risk is that its not within the individuals scope because that individual may well not have sufficient experience or technical ability to make that judgement accurately!

In any case this question should have been posted in the Combustion Chamber for fairly obvious reasons!

Tony

you havent even asked why he is asking you moron.

Sponsored Links

Calling anyone a moron sounds like typical British Gas engineer abuse!

Dont they teach politeness on their comprehensive training?

Calling anyone a moron sounds like typical British Gas engineer abuse!

Dont they teach politeness on their comprehensive training?

explain "typical" BG abuse tony.

im far more polite than you tony, you just cant see it. all the OP's and contributors on this site that you abuse with your thoughtless and condescending manner and you have the gall to call me "typically abusive"

you are possibly the only person on this forum that i dislike and ill be honest i enjoy giving you abuse. i dont enjoy it with anyone else, well maybe dangermouse. :LOL:

Just a quick one, Have a vertical flue too close to an openable window , What would be put on the warning notice , AR or ID . Thanks

I am not a heating engineer, you sound like you maybe(ish), that info is freely available on the net, but if you are heating engneerish, stay away from me, hope you are not practicing

I am not a heating engineer, you sound like you maybe(ish), that info is freely available on the net, but if you are heating engneerish, stay away from me, hope you are not practicing

Dont worry, he is in London ( although I have no idea who he is! ).

There are so many different senarios that some informed judgement is required in each case.

In reality any trained gas engineer will recognise a problematic situation and do his best to decide which class it fits into.

Its often difficult! A flue pipe from a combi is supplied by the maker with rubber gaskets to seal the flue. The maker considers these totally adequate but CORGI requires the flue to be hard sealed on the outside and the inside!

As he inquires about this problem it shows that he wants to "get it right" which is good!

Tony

you are possibly the only person on this forum that i dislike and ill be honest i enjoy giving you abuse. i dont enjoy it with anyone else, well maybe dangermouse. :LOL:

Thats allright then!

Dangermouse is only an ex-BG engineer who has seen the light and gone to the land of the better boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back