Fluorescent lighting - extending a circuit

"lying cheating thief"??? Who have I stolen from, cheated or lied to?
This site.

They make money from advertising - if you want to advertise then you pay them.

Taking advertising space from them without paying for it is stealing.

When you signed up you agreed not to do that, so you lied.

Lying to someone so that you can then steal from them - well - I think "cheat" is quite mild, actually.

Yes, I am in business, but, as it is so frequently said on forums like these, to the unitiated, in a condescending manner by so called 'professionals'- "you should really get a sparky to do it for you" - well, all I'm guilty of is giving a bit of info to someone who needed some info (and who thanked me for it) and you've thrown your toys out the pram.
Firstly, nobody has told the OP to get an electrician.

Secondly, he thanked you, I guess, because he's too lazy to look in the Wiki, and just wants to be spoon-fed.

Lastly, what I'm objecting to in what you did is the advertising, not the providing of help.

37000 posts and you haven't learned how to speak like an adult.
7 posts and you've already shown yourself to be a lying, thieving cheat.

Sponsored Links
As the room is small, I don't need two way switching, just a two gang light switch.

You mentioned earlier the cable was surface, how many cables at the switch position

If only one 2core and earth cable then It may be possible to replace that wire between switch and light with 3core and earth and wire your extra lights from that light and thus having them switched 2 and 2 as you desire.

In the short time I have been here I have found this site to be very useful with good quality information that DIY enthusiasts can turn to if they get stuck on a project and need a professional's input. A site like this thrives on such input but it is undermined by keyboard warriors who take umbrage to what they see as interlopers intruding on their little fiefdoms. I give my advice FREE OF CHARGE and am castigated for having a link to my facebook page on a schematic drawing I have provided someone - and been thanked for - yet this site asks it's members to click it's own facebook links. Where is the reciprocity here?
One other function of this site that I like a great deal is it's 'ignore' function. Please feel free to click it and you'll never have to read any of my posts again, but I know you won't because it would drive you insane if you couldn't keep an eye on me, so I've done it for you. I've got you ignored so please feel free to reply to this post safe if the knowledge that I'll never read it, and those who follow will know you replied for their benefit and yours, not mine. Good day to you.

OK - so for the benefit of others who read this in the future I'll point out that if they plan to lie and cheat and steal like you did they will get the same treatment from me, and that just ignoring what I say because they know that their behaviour was indefensible and know that they can't possibly end up being in the right will not change the fact that they are lying, cheating thieves.

Sponsored Links
You mentioned earlier the cable was surface, how many cables at the switch position

If only one 2core and earth cable then It may be possible to replace that wire between switch and light with 3core and earth and wire your extra lights from that light and thus having them switched 2 and 2 as you desire.[/quote]

Hi 333rocky333

Thanks for your post - sorry i am not at home to provide greater detail but there is a cable from the CCU into the single switch and one coming out to the first light and then the second light is daisy chained on. all 2 core and earth
BBee

If thats the case your extra 3rd light can be run from that switch position in two core and earth as there is a neutral there, then wire from your 3rd light to the 4th light, fit a 2 gang switch, connect as relevant and you have what you initially wanted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back