Flush Consumer Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Everyone.

Anyone know of any Flush mount consumer units other than the Hager VMLF816CU as I am having trouble sourcing one.

Cheers
Will

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hey Everyone.

Anyone know of any Flush mount consumer units other than the Hager VMLF816CU as I am having trouble sourcing one.

Cheers
Will
That's because Hager have a MUCH nicer range of flush mount consumer units now and that one's probably obsolete. Have a look at Design 50.

They'll even custom paint in any RAL colour for you, or vinyl wrap it! Not sure how much that'd cost but the basic colour is pretty nice.

They'll even custom paint in any RAL colour for you, or vinyl wrap it!
A suggestion for the vinyl wrap:

screenshot_1073.jpg

Neat design, though in the demonstration video the meter tails would require 30mA RCD protection...
I think a lot of people install tails in a way that would require RCD protection. External meter boxes almost always require an RCD (unless you're taking SWA et al from there to the board ofc)

It's a bit easier now with many DBs at low level, usually possible to back to back with an external meter box. Yet another regulation that shouldn't be there. (The RCD one not accessible DBs)

Last edited:
It's a bit easier now with many DBs at low level, usually possible to back to back with an external meter box. Yet another regulation that shouldn't be there. (The RCD one not accessible DBs)
Yea that's fine, if the customer wants their DB in the lounge (often the front room of a house) or perhaps hallway.

That's somewhat the point of the design 50, to at least look a bit nicer. I'm waiting for a job to fur them. Nearly had one last week but we had to go for 3P&N when the plumber dropped 60A of GSHP on us

I was in a house this morning with the db in the entrance of the house at the bottom of the stairs, it was surface mounted and right in the way. It was close to the front door, and on the side the door opened, you almost walked into it every time you entered the house, high level (or flushed in) would have been much better, I don't really see the need to make the DB wheelchair accessible when you have to climb up 9 steps just to get to the front door, that would be one ski slope of a wheelchair ramp! We wired some flats with the DB and cutout + meter at lower level in the hall, in one flat the movers smashed the cutout fuse carrier moving in a sofa. :eek: If only we were allowed to use common sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back