Hager Consumer Unit Timeswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Hager EG200 Consumer Unit Timeswitch which has failed after only 6 years. The replacement part (EG203) is proving hard to find at a reasonable price.

Are consumer unit modules all the same size now? If so, can anyone recommend an alternative? I need 2 channels, and at least 3 switching periods.

Sponsored Links
if this feeds a radial, you could put in an external timeswitch, then you could use any make you want.

What is the load?

Most din rail mounted are similar size, but the profiles vary and some may project forward more than the mcbs
Afaik the old hagar and the new hagar mcb's are similar so may be the same for timeclocks.
mk also make a digital 2 channel din mounted clock as do merlin gerin and most others.
Some are two module width though.

if this feeds a radial, you could put in an external timeswitch

I think I'm going to create a sig: "Why is it that when somebody asks about bananas, somebody else always suggests apples?"

Sponsored Links
FFS.

You said you have found the only part suitable as a direct replacement, which you said too expensive.

You then ask for an alternative, which JohnD has suggested and you start to whine that this is not what you wanted.

There is no pleasing some people.

John made an effort and replied in your thread to which you totally discarded.

I'm not sure what you mean by "discarded", but I should say sorry to John. I didn't mean any harm by my reply (perhaps it needed a smiley), just that I'm really only interested in an in-unit replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back