Flush not closing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need some help to see if somebody can point me in the right direction with an issue with a cistern/fluch i have. Basically the the flush value (red part in image) with a grey rubber plug is not making contact with the cistern once the flush has been pressed, so the water keeps running and running and running. I have checked the red part and it is free moving but it seems like it needs a bit more weight to make the plug close the gap. is it a case of just replacing this part or am i doing something wrong? Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the cable moving freely, they can get scaled and stick in the outer casing ?
Is the grey seal deformed ?

The cable is moving freely and returning to the correct position, the rubber plug seems to be about 3-5mm short of closing.

The rubber washers can start to deteriorate... they develop what I can only describe as 'warts' and start to bubble at the surface.
Replace the grey washer if you can and it will be fine.

I bought about 20 Geberit rubber washers as I have seen a few go like it and cause the pan to run constantly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back