Flush pipe to toilet connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this issue where the flush pipe connecter which enables the join with the flush pipe (32mm) to the toilet to be sealed has worn out. The flush pipe is in two sections joined by a coupler but I noticed the flush pipe input hole into the toilet is higher than the flush pipe that comes from the concealed cistern and so goes into the toilet at an angle and causes the flush pipe connecter to not be flush (no pun intended) with the input hole at the back of the toilet and it leaks.
To get around this I was thinking of get this:

Although intended as a flexible waste pipe would there be a problem with using this to connect the flush pipe into the back of the toilet - in effect the flexible pipe would be used in reverse to how it should normally from what I can see?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's 32mm (11/4"), the smallest flush valves/syphons usually would be is 40mm (11/2")

No reason not to use a flexi but it isn't really the right way to do things, a proper 11/2" flush pipe would be the right way to go.

Rather depends on the design of your flush pipe but most can be trimmed down to fit on the vertical & horizontal lengths so it all fits true and square and I fear you may regret using the flexi in time.

Are you sure it's 32mm (11/4"), the smallest flush valves/syphons usually would be is 40mm (11/2")

No reason not to use a flexi but it isn't really the right way to do things, a proper 11/2" flush pipe would be the right way to go.
You're right...it is in fact 40mm! ‍I didn't even measure the diameter, I got my measurement muddled with something else I was doing so that completely puts my plan to pot...good job you said

Sponsored Links
Yeah it isn't ideal but as another person has pointed out querying my pipe sizes it is a no-goer anyway.

is it a tapered pipe - so 50mm down to 40mm ???
2" down to 11/2"
My comfortheight cistern had this type of pipework

And the join is some sort of reducer?

perhaps a photo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back