Flushing mechanism cable too long for cistern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a slimline toilet with a push button flush.

The other day I pushed the button to flush and the button stayed depressed. I took the cistern lid off and could see the plastic mechanism had come off and was in pieces. The mechanism looks very similar/identical to this:

I managed to put the plastic parts back together and attached it to the push button. Before I put the cistern lid back on, I tested it and it works fine. However, when I put the cistern lid back on and press the button, the mechanism just falls apart again!

I wonder if the cable is too long for the slimline cistern? Ive tried coiling the cable around the cistern, but the same thing happens. Its almost like there is too much slack in the cable/not enough room in the cistern.

Its been fine for years, and yet now isnt. Odd!

Has anyone else experienced similar? Ill take photos later to illustrate what Im trying to say.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cables stretch and plastics become hard and brittle over time - Nowt odd about that.
If its busted then replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back