Flushing out RDB2.2 Firebird

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the filling loop there was a slight leak out of the tap itself on the boiler side tap. I shut off the mains supply and the hot water outlet (for good measure, I suppose wanting to keep that water in the system).

Anyway after fitting the new loop, the system isn't repressurising. At first I thought the DCV was faulty and wasn't opening but after taking it off and carefully opening mains stopcock no water even came out of the pipe tail end but it does come out from the boiler side tap and under pressure so I suppose the stopcock is opening.

So I'm guessing there's a blockage formed when I drained the system an the question is what's the best method to back fill it or flush it and if anyone's had this before and sorted it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Dont follow you I am afraid. One end of the filling loop is connected to mains pressure ,if the other end isn't connected to anything ,does water flow out ,or not ?

Dont follow you I am afraid. One end of the filling loop is connected to mains pressure ,if the other end isn't connected to anything ,does water flow out ,or not ?
Mains water doesn't come out of the DCV or the pipe where the DCV was before I took it off but it does find it's way to the boiler side tap of the loop.

Sponsored Links
Show us some pics of the filling loop set up.
Here you go. I just replaced the loop like for like.

So the tap top left is presumably the boiler side and the tap above the pump is (I assume) mains side because that was where the DCV was originally.
But mains comes out of the small black tap which has the loop fitted in the pic but nothing comes out of the DCV or even the pipe without the DCV.

Attachments

• IMG_20221108_083325.jpg
    IMG_20221108_083325.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 41
The check valve on the left has an arrow on the body ,indicating the flow direction. It's upside down and will not let water flow out the pipe. Is that copper pipe the mains cold supply ? If the mains cold is bottom right check the arrow on that checK valve.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back