Fly fishing

Sponsored Links
be it a 5lb tc cat tamer

:eek: I thought my 3lb'ers were brutal!

well depends what your fishing for ;)

View media item 25486

You never caught that locally :eek: How come you got the easy bit to hold :LOL: that's also first elephant ray i've ever seen.

That was in thailand, the captor gets the easy bit for photo, its a freshwater stingray, his name is Irwin ;)
tbh thats a small one at 110lb, they go to 700+

to answer your question properly. not really. Without a fly real and a fly rod you will struggle a tad. The action of the rod is crucial to the casting especially with fly patterns. You don't however say what rod you are planning to take? be it a 5lb tc cat tamer or a 13ft light match rod :/
The reel is moor important still, although if you have a trotting reel as i do for those lively river runs with an avon float bobbing down the white water then that might surfice, otherwise you will struggle immensely.
Its quite common of course for a venue to hire equipment where required, but if you've never fly fished before i recommend some tuition before hand.
I'm not much of a fly fisherman personally, but its good fun sometimes.
it would be a 13ft rod with a centre pin reel

sorry missed your reply. Yeh it might work, but your casting will suffer because of the action of the rod. If its a through action rod it might also help, but in all honesty, i've never tried it, and i can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
to answer your question properly. not really. Without a fly real and a fly rod you will struggle a tad. The action of the rod is crucial to the casting especially with fly patterns. You don't however say what rod you are planning to take? be it a 5lb tc cat tamer or a 13ft light match rod :/
The reel is moor important still, although if you have a trotting reel as i do for those lively river runs with an avon float bobbing down the white water then that might surfice, otherwise you will struggle immensely.
Its quite common of course for a venue to hire equipment where required, but if you've never fly fished before i recommend some tuition before hand.
I'm not much of a fly fisherman personally, but its good fun sometimes.
it would be a 13ft rod with a centre pin reel

sorry missed your reply. Yeh it might work, but your casting will suffer because of the action of the rod. If its a through action rod it might also help, but in all honesty, i've never tried it, and i can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare.
i think i will give it a miss this time, i will probably buy some cheap tackle and practice, then i will give it a go the next time i visit

Back