Flymo Micro Compact 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a faithful little Flymo Micro Compact 30, but it surprised me today by having a prolapse! The fan blade assembly dropped down and then the belt came off. I took it all apart and cannot see any broken bits to show how it was fixed in. I've looked on an exploded diagram and can't see what should be there. Does the bearing just jam in? Should there be a circlip on the top? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bit of a rusty memory for this one, but if this machine has the plastic flail blades, the fan bearing assembly comes complete with the baseplate that the motor bolts on to and the bearings are pressed into place. They get hot and things fly apart (no pun)! The one I repaired was significantly melted so thats all I could see.
Anyway the part number for the base plate is FL 5118226-00-9 if you think thats the problem.
John :)

Thanks for replying. The bearing is at the base of the metal spine that sticks up through the base plate - is this right? Should there be something at the top of the metal bit, there is a groove round it as though something clips in?

Sorry that I simply cannot recall such detail, but it would seem that a circlip (now long gone) has come out of its groove, allowing the shaft to drop down.
Your local garden mechanisation centre will probably be able to sort you out from a box of universal circlips.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back