FO Boris

Sponsored Links
Why do you call them the "Jerky boys"?
Because he's run out of things to say, dummy. He's appealing to his ****** mates. He thinks he's clever. You probably think he's really clever too, mitch. He'll need his thwanks next to compound his cleverness. It's a distinctive pattern the ******* revert to when they have nothing to add. You know the dancer mitch.(y)

I have a feeling you don't have any car factories, or operate any international banks, or have any farms, or have any youngsters wishing to attend international universities or get jobs abroad.

That's why you don't mind abandoning your customers and sawing your arm off.

Looks like Roger doesn't have any youngsters hoping for careers in the car or component industry.

"Toyota may be the first one but it certainly won’t be the last one.

Just hours after Theresa May outlined out plan for Brexit in a speech, the carmaker sounded the alarm.

Car makers in Britain are particularly vulnerable because they import most of their raw materials from Europe, operate on low margins, and export the bulk of their cars back to the European mainland.

The chairman of Toyota, Takeshi Uchiyamada, told
the Financial Times yesterday:

“We have seen the direction of the prime minister of the UK, [so] we are now going to consider, together with the suppliers, how our company can survive.” […]

Agreeing that Mrs May’s plans will damage the UK operations, he said: “The company will have to make efforts to ensure that it doesn’t turn out that way and of course what the company needs to do in any country is to understand the overall policy of that country and do what they have to do.”

On Tuesday Theresa May indicated that she would leave not just the EU Single Market but the Customs Unions too.

Without a comprehensive trade agreement, that would mean that carmakers in Britain exporting to the EU (by far their biggest market) would face huge tariffs on their products.

It would at a stroke kill the British car industry.

Toyota is not Britain’s biggest car maker but it employs thousands of workers at its UK plants.

Mike Hawes, chief executive of UK car industry body SMMT, also told the FT yesterday that access to the EU single market was “critical” for the sector.

We must, at all costs, avoid a cliff-edge and reversion to WTO tariffs, which would threaten the viability of the industry.

Except, falling back to WTO tariffs is exactly what May is threatening."

Theresa's threats might not frighten the EU, but they certainly frighten UK manufacturers.

Sponsored Links
We've seen all this scaremongering before. carney, cameron, lagarde, osbourne etc.
Change the record. Yawn zzzzzzz.

It's time we stopped subsidising and bailing out private businesses. Protecting one industry is always at the expense of choking another. Banks, car manufacturers, house builders... all need a wake-up call; they're not special. They're not unique. They don't deserve special treatment. They should live or die by their own competence; if they can't do the job they need to fook off and let someone else fill the void. The government shouldn't have 'favourites'.

Did the UK not receive their billions in subsidies then?o_O
Ahh , that will be why the UK is net contributor to the federal dream then? (which part of net contributor do you fail to understand Nosey??) If we get £billions in subsidies, what are we contributing in the first place? Here's an idea Nosey (if you're up for it) You give me £100 a week. In return, I'll give you £80 back.,,, But,, You have to spend that £80 on the things I tell you to buy. You have to shop where I tell you to shop. I'll also send you a couple of lodgers. I know you don't want them, but this is part and parcel of the agreement. When they get jobs, you can charge them £30 a week board.. But,,, once they start paying you this £30 a week, your contribution to me will increase (as you now have more money, I'll only charge you an extra £25 per week, per person) For all this, you get membership of my exclusive club.. Sounds fair, doesn't it . ;)

(which part of net contributor do you fail to understand Nosey??)
Eh? Was this mentioned (to me) or discussed?

Did we not benefit financially at all from being in the EU? How come weren't we bankrupt 30 years ago? Why did we stay in so long? Are you sure we never got ANY positive financial gains for our money?

So what you are saying is we paid ten quid to stay in but only got eight quid back and never benefitted one single penny from being in the single market for example? Golly, the UK is gonna be one heck of a financial super power from now on Jude. Thanks for the heads up.(y)

This country is no longer going to be pushed around by some of these insignificant EU countries poking there noses into our business

So the sooner they realise it the better imho

And that is what is causing a great deal of concern & worry to a lot or most of them.

And if the Scots want out of the U.K then so be it , clear off I say , they probably have the worst health record in western Europe , most of them that voted for independence were the spongers, work shy alchoholics ( plenty of them) & fruit cakes :)

Clear out join the EU & export there ala carte products to them,such as deep fried batterd mars bars , haggis & irn Bru :LOL:

Eh? Was this mentioned (to me) or discussed?
Hmmm, did you not mention the £billions we (apparently) receive in "subsidies" ? Where do you think these billion in subsidies come from? What subsidies do we receive then? I ask again which part of "net contributor" is it you're having trouble understanding? Surely if we pay them (for example only) £100 billion and they give us back £80 billion in subsidies , we're only getting back 80% of the money we gave them in the first instance? How absolutely, delightfully benevolent of them.

Hmmm, did you not mention the £billions we (apparently) receive in "subsidies" ? Where do you think these billion in subsidies come from? What subsidies do we receive then? I ask again which part of "net contributor" is it you're having trouble understanding? Surely if we pay them (for example only) £100 billion and they give us back £80 billion in subsidies , we're only getting back 80% of the money we gave them in the first instance? How absolutely, delightfully benevolent of them.
Hilarious how Juden fails to mention the monetary benefits of simply being a member. How conviniently naive of you Juden.

• A CBI literature review suggests that the net benefit of EU membership to the UK could be in the region of 4-5% of GDP or £62bn-£78bn a year – roughly the economies of the North East and Northern Ireland taken together.
Let me know which part of the above you have trouble understanding Juden.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back