Focalpoint gas fire installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought 2x focalpoint contemporary slimline, coal effect fireplaces.

In my home, before everything had been ripped out were those lovely sandstone fireplaces, the old lady oldfashioned type (no offence) - on the wall square gas fire - with those white brick things in.

this being removed now, i have to have my new fires installed - I'm aware i need to have this done by a corgi person but would i need to have a fluebox or the chimney lined would you think.

I've only had 2 gas men out, they have contradicted eachother though - one is saying i definately need a flue box, and the ohter says due to it being a low class fire under 3kw, so long as the fire is sealed to the wall adequately i need nothing more than what was there before - ehich is just a hole in the wall.

heres my fire anyway -
http://www.focalpointfires.plc.uk/ (halfway down)

and i know its not efficient - its just for show (dont ask - its the missus idea - lol)

Sponsored Links
Providing the chimney`s pass the flue test (smoke bomb) and chimney is sound and not leaking smoke anywhere and opening where fire is to go matches manufacturers diamensions there will be no need for a starter box or flue to be lined .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back