Focus 04 mkI: Reverse light fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I've got a MKI Focus '04 plate, and my reverse light has gone. I've checked the bulb, that's all fine, so was thinking it must be the fuse?

Only prob is i can't work out where the bleeding thing is... can only see the board behind the glovebox, but even then i can't see an obvious way of getting to it - if that's even it! :confused:

Anyone got any ideas of the location, how to get to it and what number it is?

Is it likely to be the fuse??

Cheers in advance for any help!!
:)

Sponsored Links
More likely to be the switch on the side of the gearbox mate - join the wires together and see if the lights come on.
John :)

More likely to be the switch on the side of the gearbox mate - join the wires together and see if the lights come on.

Cheers John - unfortunately i am a real novice when it comes to motors - whereabouts is the gearbox and what side would the wires be on? :oops:

Right then!
Stand facing the front of the car. The engine is on your left (offside) and the gearbox is bolted to it (your right).
Wriggle underneath the gearbox and you are looking for a thin wire cable going into the front of it. Its a push fit courtesy of a rubber cover, if memory serves so gently pull it adrift and you're left with the wire connector in your hand and the reverse light switch screwed into the gearbox.
You may need the car raised for this, and please don't use the standard car jack for this!

Sponsored Links
Right then!
Stand facing the front of the car. The engine is on your left (offside) and the gearbox is bolted to it (your right).
Wriggle underneath the gearbox and you are looking for a thin wire cable going into the front of it. Its a push fit courtesy of a rubber cover, if memory serves so gently pull it adrift and you're left with the wire connector in your hand and the reverse light switch screwed into the gearbox.
You may need the car raised for this, and please don't use the standard car jack for this!

Thanks again John, i'll borrow a proper jack and have a look - fingers crossed!!
:D

Back