Focus 1.6 2003 Starting problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will not start first time. When it starts after 5 / 10 mins engine fan & air con fan come on.
Been told its a sensor, Will this need to go to Ford for diagnostic or can it be guessed at what/where the sensor?
Understand diagnostic is about £95, if its a simple job, Im happy to have a go. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the E.C.U. is bringing the fan on, it must be getting a signal that the engine is hot. Also causing poor starting. This signal is sent by
the"cylinder head temp. sender (CHT). Try changing it before you have a diagnostics done.

;)

jonnyfishing said:
If the E.C.U. is bringing the fan on, it must be getting a signal that the engine is hot. Also causing poor starting. This signal is sent by
the"cylinder head temp. sender (CHT). Try changing it before you have a diagnostics done.

;)

Jonny..Thanks for that. Can you tell me where its is.

Diyisfun

According to my info (Autodata) it is screwed into the top of the cylinder head. It is a two wire plug and should have wiring colours of one brown/white and one white/violet.

;)

Sponsored Links
jonnyfishing said:
Diyisfun

According to my info (Autodata) it is screwed into the top of the cylinder head. It is a two wire plug and should have wiring colours of one brown/white and one white/violet.

;)

Many thanks, will update you, when sorted. ta again.

I have sent an email to Jonnyfishin, maybe he is away.
Anyway Jonny has advised me to change the sensor & what colour wires it has, but I cannot find it.

I have been looking with the help of a mate & we just cannot find the thing, if anyone knows where it is I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

From what i can see it is right in the centre of the cylinder head, probably under the plastic cover.
Best bet is to get a new sensor then you know what you're looking for.

Ford TIS wiring diagram says it's 1 brown and 1 white wire going to it

Sorted
Thanks to Neo & johnny.
I replaced the CHS
Info for others
It has a brown & white wire, which is sleeved in heatproof sleeving, it is located at the back of the engine (view from front of car) in the centre. Very difficult to remove the wiring plug, (a small bent screw driver did the trick).
Cost £16 + vat.

Thanks a lot again fellas

Sponsored Links
Back