Focus style or zetec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm thinking of buying a second hand 4-5 year old Focus 1.6 petrol - but I'm not clear of the difference between models. Style and Zetec seem to be the most commonly available. Please can someone explain the differences between the two? I believe the Titanium is the highest spec so probably not interested in that. Is the Zetec a more sporty model? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Style is the basic, Zetec the most popular and sought after, but it all depends on price and which particular options you want.
Zetec used to have more 'sporty' (i.e harder) suspension but I'm not sure if that applies now.
John :)

Sponsored Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Zetec_engine

Nothing to do with Focus trim levels. :rolleyes: Doesn't even apply to the engines any more, as the Mk2 Focus uses Duratec engines. :rolleyes:

Zetec adds alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, body coloured handles, and depending on the year can add the Quickclear windscreen along with some other random toys. Older Mk2s you need to get the Zetec Climate for the QC.

Style is a good enough car - I prefer steel wheels, and if you get a black one you don't need to worry about the black door handles. If the plastic steering wheel annoys you, it's a 10 minute job to swap if you can hold a screwdriver, and leather wheels are cheap off eBay.

Also depends what your using the car for and how long you intend to keep it.
Just remember that if you sell it on again the Zetec or any better trimmed car will be more desirable and hold better value.
I find the ride in a occurs very harsh and loud. An equivalent VW Golf is a more plush ride with a better quality finish.

Back