foldingworkbenches or folding saw horses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which is better to have two folding black and decker workbenches or two folding saw horses. what do you guys prefer.

Sponsored Links
The black and deckers are fine except that you will have to buy them and they are pinchable.
I use wooden saw benches which although they don't fold are I feel better. They didn't cost anything except a short period of time , nobody will pinch them and also I've fitted them with a step to make a small hop up , great for the heads of door frames and that sort of height. If I lose them I'll just make some more.
I'm not sure which sort of folding saw bench you refer to , the only folding saw bench I've ever seen was made normally and then cut in two along the top and hinges fitted to the underside, but unless you are operating from a small car there's always room in a van I find.

about 9-10 years back i bought a couple of red metal fold up saw stands from travis perkins iirc £50 very similar to these but a lot sturdier,
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p40906

there probably 1 of the best things ive ever bought,fold up neatly and there very versitile,but i have never seen them being sold since,every few months i put some new mdf strips on the top of them.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The cheap workmates (£10) have the advantage of allowing you to work on small pieces that need clamping. They are crap quality but at the price how cares if they get nicked.

Why not go for both

Mind you I normally use my dust extractor and systaners at the other end to support long pieces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back