food for thought

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well done johnd, so you reckon it might not be worth putting all me money in john guest or hepworth then? :LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any lead pipe suppliers? I've just found out my house is full of copper pipe and need to replumb the whole house.

I did consider hep2o but I read something in the daily mail 10 years ago that all plastic might cause headaches.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not too many years ago they claimed that Aluminium was the cause of Alzheimers...

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Interestingly, the Abstract of the source article says

"Diseases of aging such as Alzheimer’s disease, other neurodegenerative diseases, arteriosclerosis, diabetes mellitus, and others may all be contributed to by excess copper and iron. A very disturbing study has found that in the general population those in the highest fifth of copper intake, if they are also eating a relatively high fat diet, lose cognition at over three times the normal rate. Inorganic copper in drinking water and in supplements is handled differently than food copper and is therefore more toxic. Trace amounts of copper in drinking water, less than one-tenth of that allowed in human drinking water by the Environmental Protection Agency, greatly enhanced an Alzheimer’s-like disease in an animal model."

Sadly (I don't have Subscriber status to read the full text) neither the abstract nor the Torygraph says what level of copper this is, nor how it compare to the levels of copper in UK drinking water.

Bit like saying "excessive amounts of biscuits are bad for you" without saying how much is "excessive"

Scare stories sell papers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Clear evidence indeed that Scotch is better for you than tap water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Copepr is bad for sheep, I know that much...

Just thought I'd throw that one in there ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When first started apprenticeship first few times we done a load of copper pipework i used to sh#te bright green :eek:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I find it suspect that it suggests that copper pipes are some kind of outdated feature of the older home that shouldn't be there - a bit like the way lead is percieved.

Someone wants to boost their shares in new build sector. Or glass pipework...

Far less concern is shown for long term / unknown effects of Cl & Fl deliberately added to water.

Sponsored Links