food for thought

Sponsored Links
Well done johnd, so you reckon it might not be worth putting all me money in john guest or hepworth then? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
send it to me, I'll use it to fund your ongoing care.

Does anyone know of any lead pipe suppliers? I've just found out my house is full of copper pipe and need to replumb the whole house.

I did consider hep2o but I read something in the daily mail 10 years ago that all plastic might cause headaches.

Not too many years ago they claimed that Aluminium was the cause of Alzheimers...

Interestingly, the Abstract of the source article says

"Diseases of aging such as Alzheimer’s disease, other neurodegenerative diseases, arteriosclerosis, diabetes mellitus, and others may all be contributed to by excess copper and iron. A very disturbing study has found that in the general population those in the highest fifth of copper intake, if they are also eating a relatively high fat diet, lose cognition at over three times the normal rate. Inorganic copper in drinking water and in supplements is handled differently than food copper and is therefore more toxic. Trace amounts of copper in drinking water, less than one-tenth of that allowed in human drinking water by the Environmental Protection Agency, greatly enhanced an Alzheimer’s-like disease in an animal model."

Sadly (I don't have Subscriber status to read the full text) neither the abstract nor the Torygraph says what level of copper this is, nor how it compare to the levels of copper in UK drinking water.

Bit like saying "excessive amounts of biscuits are bad for you" without saying how much is "excessive"

Scare stories sell papers!

Clear evidence indeed that Scotch is better for you than tap water

Copepr is bad for sheep, I know that much...

Just thought I'd throw that one in there ;)

When first started apprenticeship first few times we done a load of copper pipework i used to sh#te bright green :eek:

I find it suspect that it suggests that copper pipes are some kind of outdated feature of the older home that shouldn't be there - a bit like the way lead is percieved.

Someone wants to boost their shares in new build sector. Or glass pipework...

Far less concern is shown for long term / unknown effects of Cl & Fl deliberately added to water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back