Food

J

Johnmelad502

I was watching 'Dine With Me' a while ago and saw some poor bloke prepare mushroom soup for his guests, none of whom liked mushrooms. Unfortunately his main course was a pork dish (also with some mushrooms in the sauce) and one of the guests really disliked pork.

This got me thinking: You often see people state what they'd like for their ideal celebration meal, or their last meal on earth, but what would be the most disappointing meal that anyone could serve up for you?

I don't want just random comments like "I hate fish" or whatever - Please suggest 3 or 4 courses that wouldn't tickle your tastebuds.

I like most food, so I found this quite difficult, but I wouldn't be delighted to have

Devilled kidneys

Raw oysters (not that I've ever tried them, they just don't appeal)

Madras curry

Gooseberry crumble.

Sponsored Links
any kind of fish that involves it looking at you from the plate, or de-tailing it (except battered in the case of tails)

Cant see the point - the chef is supposed to prepare the food, not me.

Liver and onions

Baked fish crumble. with parsnips and butter beans.

Rhubarb and orange.

OK, feel slightly sick now.

Sponsored Links
Mock Turtle Soup

Steak tatare

Steak & Kidney Pudding

Bread & Butter Pudding

oysters (have to agree there, cold, salty phlegm)
tripe (can't get it within a foot of my mouth)
passion fruit, vile taste.
Gespacho - horrible, soup is warm, what part of that is not understood.
all freshwater fish, if I want to eat mud I'll get some from the garden.
spare ribs and BBQ sauce, why bother.
Pretty much anything that comes from a BBQ for that matter.
All offal.
Brawn on toast, yes I've had it, never again.

grilled lambs brains
boiled pigs trotters
fried salted peanuts

All smell horrible whilst cooking, used to be popular years ago(bar the peanuts), cheap and available

pudding

anything stodgy or dry

Anything overcooked, especially steak.

Anything undercooked (vegetables).

I don't enjoy fruit in me dinner i.e. raisins, sultanas, pineapple, apple sauce, cranberry sauce etc.

As for all other food - bring it on. Mouldy cheese, raw fish, raw meat, whatever.

I even ate a boiled egg the other day that was a bit bloody, why - because it tasted nice. :eek: I also like a runny omelette a la francaise.

the curry I've just had, that's one of the worst ever. tasteless... A curry, tasteless blinking flip.

Tripe . It turns my stomach to think i used to eat that as a kid,grand parents dont you just love em.

anything with mushrooms - spawn of the devil!

i agree with the fish head thing, can eat something thats first checked me out with its massive eyes!!

Tripe . It turns my stomach to think i used to eat that as a kid,grand parents dont you just love em.

I bought some dried/roasted tripe for the dog out of interest... looks like jerky, smells like poo. :eek:

Being a right little coprophile (loves to have a roll about in any doody he finds on his walkies) he couldn't make up his mind whether to roll on it or eat it. :rolleyes: Still, he seems to enjoy it.

Sponsored Links
Back