for woody and other ryobi one+ fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the new buzzy toy
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ryobi-18-...0661992347?pt=Power_Tools&hash=item564d2d279b

now the price is ok but the point i am making is they are manufactures repairs??

a brand new tool possibly less than 2 years old and they are needing repair already??

the point i am making is might be worth waiting for uk release in case its has a component fault that needs solving which i assume would sorted by the time off uk release

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I saw these in my local b and q a couple of weeks ago? It has 10 percent off too. It was about 65 quid IIRC.

Sponsored Links
I bought the new GOP 300, I was using it inside a kitchen cupboard...........I had to stop using it because of the noise. Fek me was it loud.

I haven't used it since.

Andy

B&Q currently have a 15% off Ryobi promotion, but I am not sure how much this saw is, or even if it's stocked yet

As for that ebay item, it looks tempting. At say £45 delivered, there would probably be a £10-£12 duty fee, plus Parcelforces ransom "handling" fee of another £8 or £12. So that could be around £65

Refurbished could be just ex display or demo, unwanted return and does not mean it has been broken and fixed

I saw these in my local b and q a couple of weeks ago? It has 10 percent off too. It was about 65 quid IIRC.

Plenty on the shelf at my local. passed it today and it was 68 quid

Well I hope they are not as noisy as the bosch ones.

i have the bosch blue 10.8v yes its noisy and assume the mains ones are louder

often its the angle off attack
keep changing angle and position to avoid the sides off the blade "bouncing" off the sides

for example if you have a slot to cut say 50mm wide and a 38mm blade
start at one end at right angles[90%] then pointing around 7-10% towards the other end[reduce angle to 83-80%] then cut sideways at around 3-6mm depth to the other end then back again after tipping to the opposite side possibly several time dependent on thickness at all times the last tooth on the blade will be clear off the cutting surface preventing the side off the blade trying to cut
this will leave a minimum amount at each end to remove with a right angle plunge

the vibration will only ever be excessive if you are trying to force the edge off the blade to cut more than a small amount or the work is unsupported or thin and vibrating with the cutter
if this happens increase support alter angle off attack or try a different speed setting or indeed a combination off all 3

its interesting as most manufacturers rate the li-ion cells as 3.6v nominal where as some quote the fully charged level off 4v per cell
all though having said that the bosch quote 12v in america but only 10.8v here

any way i personally will buy the 18v and compare the performance off 10.8 bosch blue to 18v ryoby

i have the jobplus, got it for christmas last year. great bit of kit, use it all the time, just a killer on blades. but it does come with an adaptor so you can use bosch blades and another make you just turn the adapor ring round.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back