ryobi question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose this is a question for big-all who seems to be DIY's resident expert or tart with ryobl tools :D
I have been considering a cordless reciprocating saw. The makita 18v is nice but for the amount of work it'll get I find it a little hard to justify the price , so I have looked at the ryobis.
So any experience and just what is the difference between the green and the blue? Both one+ so the same batteries?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RYOBI-18V...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item3cc0112527
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ryobi-LRS...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19cd4ed528

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
There is no difference.

I've had this saw for several years and it is probably the most useful tool. Its battered and has been dropped and abused too.

Get some decent blades for the various uses and it is as good as any other brand

Light to medium trade though

Thanks for that woody. I was almost expecting someone to answer £10 to the question of difference :D . Is there any other difference in performance or wattage or whatever?
Light to medium trade is fine for what I'm after as for anything prolonged the corded tools come out. By the way I take it that these saws take standard fitting blades?

Sponsored Links
Yes they take standard blades, its a quick release (tool-less) and the blades can be inserted "upside down" too which helps in tight spots

I have the old style blue (your first link), and it was identical to the garden range, and a rep side it was just marketing which meant the casings were different colours. Then Ryobi modernised the range to the green casings, but the innards seem to be the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back