Ford Fiesta coolent leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, have got a coolant leak on my ford fiesta finess V reg I have looked over the whole engine and the leak is not coming from the heater core/matrix and not from the radiator

I have also checked all the coolant tubes no cracks and there in good condition.

The leak is coming from the left hand side of the engine (behind the cyilider head) near to the oil dipstick

Best picture i can find is this one of the endura-e engine
DSCN42.JPG

The leak is under where it the E(efi on the pic) and is by two small bolts which appear to attach a block of some kind to the cylider block with one coolant tube comming from this block

Iv tried tightening the bolts but this only slowed the leak down - i think some kind of seal has gone but to my supprise there is no mention of this in the haynes manual - before i take it into a dealer id like to know what that block is called and eve what the seal is called

Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
there is a coolant temp sender round there, and also the water pipe which heats / cools the inlet manifold.

On a Ka which should be the same engine, the manifold is plastic, which could be cracked or split.

I'd whip the manifold off and have a look. Pretty easy job (from memory!)

Thanks for the super fast responce neo :D

It is a plastic block with 2 metal bolts bolting it to the back of the engine and there is a temp sensor round there.

Ill have a look tonight and report back !

Ok I had a look and I think it is the inlet manifold seal to the cylinder head

See these images i have taken

3.png

2.png

If this is correct what would i be looking to pay for this job max?

i really don't wanna be ripped off

Thanks in advance
Rob

Sponsored Links
Ok I had a look and I think it is the inlet manifold seal to the cylinder head

See these images i have taken

3.png

2.png

If this is correct what would i be looking to pay for this job max?

i really don't wanna be ripped off

Thanks in advance
Rob
Just undo the two bolts, and gently pull the block away.
It could be something as simple as a perished 'O' ring, or split gasket. This should be a job you can easily do yourself, a garage would probably charge you £35 a hour min.

Wotan

did this ever get sorted ?

i have a leak from what looks to be the same place, the leak seems to be coming from a sensor which is located under the manifold coolant pipe

Back