Ford Focus - Boot Locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remote control key unlocks the car but not the boot.
When I try to open the boot the rear lights flash.

Any Ideas??
Joe

Sponsored Links
What model
My remote as a separate button for the boot (I think thats a good idea)

Tried that but no luck.
Tried unlocking drivers door with manual key also but that does not release it either.

Ford Focus 1.4 LX saloon

Have you tried the manual key in the boot lock, it may be deadlocked, try turning the key in both directions.

Sponsored Links
No, it's a blind lock, nowhere to insert key from outside.

Keep thinking everyone.

I've had this on mine a couple of times on my Focus hatch :cry:
The only way i got it open was to push the bootlid up and down, really hard, while pressing the release buttons on the boot ;)
It's so intermittent i can't understand why it happens.

Thanks everyone, but had to go back to Ford dealer.
Apparently a problem with the loom in luggage compartment, to be replaced at a cost of 180 Euro.

Again, thanks to all

Joe

bet it aint the full loom,my thought like a lot of modern fords is the wires in the rubber boot at the top of the hatch where the wires are bl00dy tight and snap,very common problem on the galaxys,and a very cheap fix where you can rejoin and solder the wires back together for a lot less then 180 euros.

I've had this on mine a couple of times on my Focus hatch :cry:
The only way i got it open was to push the bootlid up and down, really hard, while pressing the release buttons on the boot ;)
It's so intermittent i can't understand why it happens.
Just had this on my wifes 07 plate focus ghia. The lock was clicking when trying to open boot (by handle or key fob), so trying to work but not releasing. Found this link and tried pushing down on boot whilst using handle, and hey presto it worked.

Sponsored Links
Back