ford focus pollen filter

M

martineire

Hi guys i have a ford focus estate can anyone tell me how to take out the pollen filter? i have the glove box removed, i can see a black box and the fan attached under it. But how do i get out the pollen filter do i have to remove the fan? Help Thanks

Sponsored Links
Early Focus - its under the screen at the front below a plastic cover under the bonnet.
Later ones (after 2004 approx) - drop the fuse panel from under the glove box (2 Dzus plastic turn clips), plus its bracket (2 13mm nuts) and lower it out of the way. The wires are long enough.
On the centre console there's a vertical panel with 3 7mm hex head screws which you remove (this involves doing a hand stand in the footwell) and then the filter can be pulled out.
With the filter out, put the fan on full to blow the leaves etc out, then pop the new filter in and reassemble.
With the job done, book an appointment with a local chiropractor :p
Awful job! Be lucky
John :)

Found it, it was under the plastic cover under the window under bonnet. I removed one of the 13mm nuts from the filter but finding it hard to get at the other one because it is in a very tight position, any sort of tool i can get for getting at that? and when putting back on the cover just silicon along the rubber is it, to seal it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid you've lost me here....so your car is the earlier type, accessible from under the bonnet, under the screen scuttle, passenger side?
So far as I recall, you take away the fragile plastic cover (couple of screws plus the rubber bonnet seal) and the filter casing top just pulls out - i.e no nuts or anything?
This arrangement is prone to allowing water inside the car - Ford do a sponge sealing strip for this.
John :)

Sorry your correct. I was just about to take the hole assembly out (filter holder). Job sorted anyway, I could not really get that strip to seal right to the window after tho so i used some black mastic seems ok. As you stated i could of just got a new sealing strip (prob better job)

Back