Ford transit Connect clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ford transit connect 12yo 100k. The clutch was replaced as is normal on these at three years old. Recently the clutch cables needed to be replaced (pretty pricey), and since then I find the clutch slipping in third gear and slightly in fourth gear. I asked the garage about this but they say it is the clutch and not the cables that will be the problem.
My thoughts are that the clutch is more likely to slip in first and second gear, where there would be more torque on it, rather than in third.
So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this as to whether the clutch would begin to slip in third gear first, or could the new clutch cables need some adjustment. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I thought they had hydraulic clutches. Do you mean the gear cables were replaced? If it’s normal to have the clutch replaced after three years, then you’ve not done too bad getting another. 9 years out of it!

I agree with John. I think its got something to with centrifugal force at higher speeds. also of course you are probably using more throttle in higher gears.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back