Forged PIR...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the first time we have been onto this particular site. We are carrying out around 80 PIRs to static caravans on a holiday park.

Last test 3yr ago by another well known national.

Vans are all 5yr old.

Looking at the previous reports, they have ticked the boxes for bonding to gas, steel and water. The majority of vans have an all plastic water supply, and many have had the gas bond cut when LPG pipes where altered when vans first sited.

They also have some very convincing ring circuit end to ends even though many vans have radial circuits and many are wired in FP type cable leading to lower readings on the earth than you would get with T&E.

It so obvious that very little, if any, testing was carried out...

Sponsored Links
There are also many readings for two lighting circuits. On some models of van though, the second b6 mcb Is empty!

Sponsored Links
1) Tell the owner.

2) Tell the owner's insurers.

3) Tell NICIEC/ECA/NAPIT/as appropriate.

4) Go to the police and make a crime report.

Just a thought, but how are the caravans identified on the reports? If they are only identified by the address of the pitch on the site, is the same caravan still occupying the same pitch, or does the previous report relate to a different caravan that is now occupying another pitch, or even a different site?

They may be 'static' caravans, but they can still get moved about.

I aint that stupid!

They are all idented by VIN, make and model. Admittadly a few have changed, but not many.

Once again - never trust anything on a caravan site. Electricians have died believing that they'd isolated everything. Same with fire precautions - I once inspected to check that fire hydrants had been installed. Yup; great and bright red. OK say I, turn it on. Owner goes as red as hydrants. No water connections ever made to hydrants. Take care.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back