NICEIC Domestic Installers

ColJack said:
March 2007 C&G 2391 report..

I was one of the 57% to pass... and I had finished in an hour.. but i sat there for the last hour and twidled my thumbs so as to not discourage the 2 guys from my works also on the course..

the key word in DI is DOMESTIC.. doesn't cover industrial or comercial..

I know what a DI is (no need to shout mate). Norv had posted that 6 months experience qualifies a DI to apply for AC. An AC is not restricted to domestic . If you don't have the training then commercial/industrial is a big step. If you only do domestic, there is no gain getting AC status.

Sponsored Links
scousespark - I'm not for one minute thinking of going for AC or thinking a 5 day course would have prepared me for commercial/industrial work. I was just stating a fact. All I'm concerned about at the moment is passing my assessment & getting my DI approval.

Went to another NIC rewire today as an emergency. The RCD was burning out...

BurntOutRCD.jpg

Every connection on the RCD was very loose. The outgoing neutral had actually fallen out of the terminal.

What isn't too clear from this picture is the fact that, given a little more melting, the neutral & live incoming would have shorted out...

Once again, forgive the lack of focus.

The other things missing were paperwork & meter & cutout seals. Yet there was an NIC sticker on the CU...

It was an insurance job........after a fire of all things!!

Norv said:
scousespark - I'm not for one minute thinking of going for AC or thinking a 5 day course would have prepared me for commercial/industrial work. I was just stating a fact. All I'm concerned about at the moment is passing my assessment & getting my DI approval.

Norv, I never implied you were looking at going this route. I was just saying that it is not necassarily of any benfit to a DI to upgrade to AC.

Sponsored Links
Is it only me who thinks those neutral and earth terminations look hideous?

dingbat said:
Adam. I have replied to your profile email address.

What were you after?

Sorry ding, I asked you to email me, and haven't got round to replying yet :oops: , had the computer in bits lately and only just restored my email boxes and account settings after an upgrade :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back