Forgot fitting on Plastic Piping!Consequences?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I was putting in some plastic pex pipe into a tectite speedfit joint(with the teeth so you cant take it back out!) and I forgot to put the little insert into the top of the pipe before pushing home( it was very late on a friday night!!)...
I was just wondering should I cut the lot off(dont have a lot of room to cut more off)and start again or can I get away with it?
I am thinking that when all the contracting and expanding begins there could be trouble!!
Thanks for any help!
:)

Sponsored Links
You ABSOLUTELY MUST make all pushfit PEX joints with an insert!!! Otherwise the pipe will pop out of the joint, usually late at night on a Saturday!

The joints much more likely to fail if it's subjected to high temperatures, when the pipe becomes much softer (hence the need for the insert to stop it deforming). So if it's a cold water pipe, you just might get away with it, but for hot water/central heating don't even think about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back